Monday, March 18, 2013

Extremely Important

I got red lentils.

I made the soup.

It is one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten. (And I wasn't even super hungry, so I am not even speaking from an untrustworthy, delusional, starved state of being.)

I could eat this all the time. All. The. Time.

It's that good.

So many flavors come together beautifully in this. I'll admit using good butter, as I did, helps immensely (and I don't often cook with butter - more of an olive oil gal - but I could taste how the butter brought this to a happy place). And then add the cilantro, mustard seeds, good sea salt, turmeric, and oh.m.gee the dollop of greek yogurt + spinach cooked in that same butter + brown rice. It's my perfect meal. LOVE.

The just in: The blog the recipe came from JUST posted an entry called "Soups Worth Making" and this soup was on the list!

SEE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment