Wednesday, August 8, 2012

garden discoveries


Moments after taking this picture of some sunflowers blooming outside my house, I discovered a decapitated baby bunny in my backyard. One of the strangest parts was how untouched and clean the body was. Truly it was just a little, perfectly clean, headless creature - the gore restricted to the ripped off head region.

That discovery pretty much screeched to a halt my mid-summer-garden-photo-essay. Who can take a leisurely stroll through the garden when they are busy cursing out and screaming at a tiny, decapitated bunny?

I know what you are thinking, and yes, perhaps I wished too hard for the bunnies to DIE.

On the positive side, my housemate was impressed with my efficient removal of the dead bunny. Of course I've had loads of practice with squirrels and mice. What's next universe?!

My only lingering question is when and where will I find the head?

No comments:

Post a Comment