Thursday, May 9, 2013

Words to Live By

Every morning we are born again.
What we do today is what matters most.

Present-moment living is everything right now.

The buds on the trees. The greens of the perennials poking through the surface. When this Lucinda Williams song comes on my Pandora station as I wake up. The grass getting greener every day. My bright red shoes, worn two days in a row. An email exchange with one of my favorite writer's husband (both of whom I met!) A welcome mat that looks like a watermelon (impulse buy). Opening the windows throughout my house. Perfect homemade granola (batch 1 and 2). A kiss through the computer-screen from my favorite nephew. My neighbor's dog resting her head on my hand* as she exhales peacefully. Sorting seed packets. Three new dresses, all of which make the saleslady raise an eyebrow (crazy patterns and color!) Starting and ending the day with a poem.



*one of my all-time favorite things

No comments:

Post a Comment